Information on Furleigh Estate Tours Post Covid
For many years we have provided tours of our vineyard and winery to visitors coming to Furleigh Estate. Sharing the beautiful place we live and work in with visitors is a big part of what we do. We are delighted therefore that we are able to restart tours again.
We are using a phased approach for the re-start so that we can ensure we do so safely for our customers and staff, adapting what we do if necessary.
During this first phase our tours will be for smaller groups than previously and will as far as possible be conducted outside. The first tours will be on Thursday 9th July 2020.
The Grand Tour
- Grand Tours will run at 10.30am and 2.30pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays up to the end of October 2020. They last around 2 hours.
- The tours start with some of the history of Furleigh Estate before taking a walk to the vineyard
- In the vineyard you will learn about the vines we have planted and how we look after them throughout the year
- Then follows a look inside the winery. There will be plenty of opportunity to see the machinery we use and learn about the processes used to make our still and sparkling wine.
- The tour returns to the terrace where samples of three of our still wines plus two sparkling wines will be served.
- Following a tutored tasting of these wines there will be an opportunity to buy wines, with £5 of the purchase price of the tour redeemable against wines bought on the day.
- The Grand Tours cost £25 per person
The Classic Tour
- Classic Tours are held at 10.30am and 2.30pm on Wednesdays in August, September and October. They last around 90 minutes.
- The vineyard and winery elements are the same as for the Grand Tour.
- The tutored tasting consists of two still wines and one sparkling wine.
- The cost of the Classic Tour is £15 per person
- All tours must be pre-booked with contact details given as part of the booking process. (This is order to comply with the current Covid 19 Track and Trace requirements.)
- The number of people on each tour is limited to 12 people in no more than 6 groups
- There is no reduction in price for those not wishing to take part in the wine-tasting. Only those who have paid may join the tour.
- Group size will be in accordance with the prevailing Government guidance, for example currently no more than 6 in each group and each group being from no more than two households.
- Visitors are asked to observe social distancing at all times.
- Those attending our tours should only do so if they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid 19. If anyone feels unwell during a visit, they should make themselves known to us immediately.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at all entrances and exits
- All high touch points such as door handles, hand rails and toilets will be cleaned every hour.
- Staff will wash their hands, use hand sanitiser as required, and wear masks and gloves if necessary.
- Those attending the tour will be greeted at the door and asked to make their way to our outside terrace.
- The walk to the vineyard is around 100 metres along a farm track. Appropriate clothing, particularly footwear, should be worn.
- We will stay outside the winery to protect our winery workers and those on the tour.
- Wine for the tasting at the end of the tour will be pre-poured into clean glasses by a member of staff. The total amount of wine offered during the tasting is equivalent to around two small (ie 125ml) glasses of wine.
- No spitting of wine will be permitted. Wine that you do not wish to drink should be left in your glass.
- A separate jug of water and drinking glasses will be provided to each group.
- If you require a taxi details of local companies are available on our website here.
- If the weather is inclement there will be tables inside the tasting room arranged consistent with social distancing requirements
- The Grand Tours will run at 10.30am till 12.30pm and 2.30pm till 4.30pm. Although we want you to enjoy your stay with us, we do need time to do a full clean-down before the next tour starts, so please do not feel offended if we ask you to vacate your tables after your tour has finished.
- There will be the opportunity to buy wine at the end of your tour. A member of staff will put your order together for you to minimise bottle handling.
- We only accept card payments. Our card payment machines will be sanitised after every use.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring their own drinks or picnics to consume at the vineyard.
Furleigh Estate: 27th Jun 2020 15:07:00